|(C) Allen Pearson|
that Jesus is the Son of God,
God abides in him,
and he in God."
- 1 John 4:15, ESV
Many people make becoming a Christian harder, or more of a difficult thing than what it is. There are no jobs or chores you have to do. There is no exam where you have to get an "A" to pass in order to make it to heaven. Nor, can you just be a good person. Nor, have you been too bad to be forgiven and loved by God. He loves everyone. God wants to see everyone make it to heaven.
Its a matter of accepting Christ, believing in Him and confessing your sins to Him. Just do this-
Admit that you are a sinner, just like everyone else born into this world, until we confess to Jesus Christ and ask His forgiveness:
"(23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (24) and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,"
-Romans 3:23-24, ESV
"(23) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23, ESV
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ:
(16) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son,
that whoever believes in him
should not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16, ESV
Confess your sins in a prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ:
(9) "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. "
- Romans 10:9, ESV
(13) For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
-Romans 10:13, ESV
"Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and do not deserve eternal life.
I believe You died and rose from the grave to make me a new creation
and to prepare me to dwell in your presence forever.
Jesus, come into my life and take control,
forgive my sins and save me. I place my trust in You alone
for my salvation and I accept your free gift of eternal life."
Now, you're a Christian - Welcome to the family. So, what's next-
- Find a 100% Bible-believing, teaching, preaching church. A few places to search for a church:
- Find believers (Christians) to fellowship with.
- Get baptized.
- Read the Book of John.
- Get in a Bible Study.
- Daily: Pray and read the Bible.
- Find a Mentor.
- Learn how to Pray.